- 6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Salt To Taste
- Black Pepper To Taste
- 2 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2-1 Tsp Turmeric
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 6 Potatoes Small
- 1/2 Yellow Onion Minced
- 3 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp Cayenne
- 1 Tsp Yellow Curry Powder
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Root Grated
- 3 Garlic Cloves Grated
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 10 Oz. Tomato Sauce
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- Fresh Cilantro To Taste
- Pinch of Sugar Optional
- In a bowl season the chicken thighs with 1 tsp of chili powder, turmeric, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Cut up potatoes into small chunks.
- In a pot melt 2 tbsp of butter over medium heat then add in the chicken thighs. Cook until chicken is white on the inside or almost white (doesn't need to be fully cooked) then remove from pot.
- Melt the last 2 tbsp of butter in the pot. Add onion, ginger, garlic cloves, garam masala, 1 tsp of chili powder, cumin, cayenne, salt, pepper, cinnamon, curry powder. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the tomato sauce and let it simmer.
- Then add in the water and heavy cream and return to a simmer.
- Try the broth and add in a pinch of sugar if too spicy. Season with salt, pepper, and cilantro
- Add in the potatoes and cover over medium low heat for 15 minutes
- Add in the chicken and cover over medium low heat for 15 minutes.
- Serve chicken over rice and garnish with cilantro.